[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Rudimental Drumming • View topic - Spyder- 1985

Rudimental Drumming

The Rudimental Drumming Message Board
It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spyder- 1985
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:49 am 

Some of you will remember this classic street beat played by Suncoast Sound
beginning in 1985 as I remember it. This may not be note for note as this is the high
school version I've used with groups over the years but at least it's a decent representation.

My Sibelius program actually has decent drum sounds now thanks to a former student of
mine named Bryan Harmsen who actually was in on the development of "Virtual Drumline"
from Tapspace. Bryan writes music for a living now and has been with the Colts for the past
three years and is starting a new venture with the Mandarins as part of the percussion staff
of writers there. Bryan marched Cavies, Spirit and Southwind.

Small world! Anyway, here you go...Spyder!

Post subject: Re: Spyder- 1985
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:22 am 

I always liked Spyder. Seems like I remember teaching it to the Ramcorps perc when I was there.

Post subject: Re: Spyder- 1985
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:28 pm 

Yes. I can't tell you how many drum lines I've heard play this over the years.
There's something about the bass part that gives it the groove. 8) 8)