Rudimental Drumming

The Rudimental Drumming Message Board
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Show Segments 1-34
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:24 am 

"Show Segments" is a new series I'm working on possibly for a book. These are brief segments that can be used to focus on
technique, musicianship and reading. The segments get longer as the book progresses. Posted here are segments 1-34.
Each segment is being played at 172 beats per minute. I purposely left out flams and faster rolls in book one.
More advanced music will come later in another book of segments. (there are 50 segments total- I will record 35-50 soon).
No music is included in the clips at this point. I have used segments 1-16 with a line that I work with year round and they love the
departure from the drill of exercises now and then. I may write tenor and bass parts soon for a complete battery packet.
These are intended for intermediate drum lines and are all recorded at 172 beats per minute and are intended to be used
as a supplement to the exercise program. Drum lines are usually faced with a long wait for show music and this helps to
fill that void while avoiding boredom during the time waiting for show music. We all know how drummers tend to find mischief
when boredom sets in. Been there-done that!