Rudimental Drumming

The Rudimental Drumming Message Board
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:57 pm 

I am happy to announce that my new book The Art of Multi-Tenor Drumming is now available for pre-order. It has taken me the better part of a decade to write it, and I believe drummers everywhere will find it worth the wait. For decades, drum set, keyboard percussion, snare drum, and timpani have had several detailed texts written for them. Now tenor drums finally get their turn. This is the book that the tenor world has been waiting for.

At 366 pages, this is the most thorough book ever written on the art of tenor drumming. It covers the absolute basics and lays a solid foundation for beginners, while giving intermediate and advanced players plenty of material to challenge them as well. This book has been a true labor of love, and I hope people will enjoy playing from it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I offer this book as an opportunity to raise the bar and set a new standard for the next generation.

Books will ship on December 12, 2016. You can save ten dollars off the cover price if you order during the pre-order launch. The book normally costs $34.97, but if you order now, you will only pay $24.97. Offer ends on December 12!

Go here to order and read more: http://www.rudimentaluniversity.com/pro ... -drumming/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:57 am 

In the video James said "If you are a tenor drummer, or know a tenor drummer, or teach a drumline you will want this book."

I'll go one step further. Even if you don't play marching tenors as your primary instrument, you will want this book in order to build your percussive techniques, especially if matched grip is not your grip of choice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:02 am 

Good point! I think the principles would be especially helpful for drum set, keyboards, and timpani.

I should also add that Rick wrote about 97% of the section I call "movement exercises." I give him full credit in the book, but I didn't mention it in the video. That section alone is super valuable!

--James

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:57 pm 

Congrats, James!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any chance you can sign mine before you ship it out???????????????
Thanks, bro!!!!!!!!!

The Great American Fife & Drum Band
SKYPE LESSONS NOW AVAILABLE/thefifeanddrumguy@gmail.com
Proud to endorse Cooperman, Innovative Percussion, Meredith Music Publications, Remo & Yamaha!!!!!
www.dominickcuccia.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:25 am 

Thanks, Dominick! It would be my pleasure!