Rudimental Drumming

The Rudimental Drumming Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:54 pm 

Announcing a new project on RudimentalDrumming.com:

Hi, everyone! As you may have seen, today marks the 25th anniversary of when the Internet became available to the public via the World Wide Web. I didn't realize it when I set out to do this project, but today is the perfect day to launch it. In celebration of the Internet, it's only fitting to celebrate the site that has brought us all together.

When you came to the site today, you may have noticed that there are two new blog posts on the front page. The one dated today describes this project:
Quote:
Rick has generously given his permission to allow me to try some new things on the site. Over the next several days, weeks, and months, several new features will be added. My hope is that it will greatly enhance the user experience and bring some great new content for rudimental drummers everywhere.

My first project is to use the blog feature more prominently. Up until now, unless you regularly read the message board, it was difficult to find the newest content on the site. With the blog feature, we are going to place the new material front and center on the front page. Now you can be certain to stay in the loop on every new addition to the site.

You can read the whole post here: http://www.rudimentaldrumming.com/blog#2223

As the first post of this new project, I also published a blog post dated 1997, the year the Rudimental Drumming Webpage was started. It gives a brief overview of the site's origin and influence.

You can read the commemorative post here: http://www.rudimentaldrumming.com/blog#2224

I'd be interested in reading people's thoughts on the last few paragraphs:
Quote:
Almost 20 years have passed since the Rudimental Drumming Webpage first debuted. A whole generation--starting with me!--has grown up on the exercises and training concepts presented here. The site has been featured in drumming magazines, and it has brought greater awareness of rudiments to drummers around the world.

Over the next few weeks, I plan to commemorate some of the high points of the website's history through antedated blog posts. Keep your eyes peeled to reexperience some of the great content that has been offered over the years--or perhaps experience it for the first time if you missed the original posting.

How long have you followed RudimentalDrumming.com? What have you most enjoyed about the Rudimental Drumming Webpage? How has it shaped and influenced your drumming skills and performance?

Thank you to everyone for making this such a great community for sharing information about the activity we love. We may not always agree on every detail, but those disagreements are fueled by passion for excellence. As long as we have people passionate about rudimental drumming, great performances will continue to exist.

--James